Monday 13 November 2017

Awesome Leaves

Hi!  It's Monday morning here and the start of a week's break from work for me - yay!  The last two months have been crazy busy, with moving premises and I needed a break!  I'm sure the week will go way too fast, but I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

I made this card last night using the current sketch at MFT Stamps, the colors from Color Throwdown and the Fall theme at Cupcake Inspirations.  It's been a long time since I've had a chance to play in any of these challenges, so this card was fun to make.


I just received the Geometric Greenery set - one I've been umm-ing and ahh-ing about since it was released.  I'm so glad I've got it now though because it is such a unique look and can be used in many different ways.  I chose to go with simple Zig coloring on Bristol Smooth cardstock, using two shades plus a water brush for each leaf.  I cut the leaves with my Scan n Cut after they were dry then arranged them into a leaf bouquet, holding them together with Press n Seal until I was ready to attach them to the card.

For the bottom panel, I used Versamark ink to do some watermark stamping onto a panel of dark gray cardstock.  To fill in any gaps, I used the smallest stamp from Distressed Patterns.  As a finishing touch, I added a thin strip of gold foil cardstock (love that stuff and can't stop using it!!)



A stitched circle was cut from black cardstock and the sentiment was surgically altered and then white-embossed onto the circle.  I arranged the leaf bouquet around the sentiment and adhered it down with liquid glue.  I added a twine bow to cover where I'd cut off all the stems from the leaves as they were all at different angles.

Thanks for visiting!





Products used:

Stamps:  Geometric Greenery, Distressed Patterns (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark
Cardstock:  White, Black, Slate, Gold Foil, Bristol Smooth
Dies:  Inside/Out Stitched Circles
Accessories:  Zig markers, Twine

Cheers
Karren

Edited to Add:  This card got a shout out at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and Color Throwdown

7 comments:

Cara said...

This is so stylish. I wish I had a tenth of your talent. I hope you manage to get some rest and relaxation this week x

Linda Callahan said...

Yep those leaves are awesome......like you! Gorgeous card! Glad you are getting a break.....work moves are always tough....been there...

Lynn Put said...

Fantastic design! Love the gold embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown.

Susanne Vargas said...

Stunning card! Have been eyeing that leaf set myself...

Barb Ghig said...

WOW! I really love this card, Karren! I had no idea that the Geometric Greenery set was so pretty until now :) Beautiful coloring with your Zigs and I LOVE all the gold! I also love your watermark on the bottom panel...a really stunning take on the sketch, my friend!!!

Wendy Bellino said...

What a versatile stamp set! I love the coloring and shading, the markers and a little waterbrush really create a nice effect. Did you emboss the leaves in gold? I really like the tone on tone stamping on the dark panel. This is such a great card design! I'm so glad you shared your art with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

Indy's Designs said...

This is such a beautiful autumn card! Love your design! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!
Debbie