Saturday 12 May 2018

Minty Leaves

Hi!  I'm here with a card for a couple of challenges!  I haven't had much time recently to make non-DT cards, so it was nice to just spend a bit of time in the old craft room this afternoon creating just for the pleasure of it.  I made this card using both the sketch and colors from MFT Stamps Challenges.




Onto a Sour Apple card base I embossed the Burlap BG stamp with Silver Pearl embossing powder.  This gave it a lovely sheen with a touch of silver in different lights.  I die-cut a white panel with a stitched die and adhered that to the card base with foam tape.  On top of that, I added some Painted Flowers stamped in a soft purple shade and a deep purple shade - as close to the challenge colors as I could find.  The leaves were stamped in a mint color.




I arranged them to the left of the card and added a white-embossed sentiment and a black and white patterned paper strip.  To finish the card (and in keeping with the sketch), I added sdome Sparkling Crystals across the card front.  Finally, I colored the flowers and leaves with clear sparkle pen.

Thanks for visiting.  Apologies for the poor quality of the photos.  I just bought a MacBook Pro and am having to find new ways of editing photos.  The photos look fine in the folder but as soon as I bring them into Blogger, they look like they've been taken under fluorescent lighting!  So frustrating!  If anyone knows of a really good app that will edit  and resize photos, as well as add a watermark, please let me know.



Products used:

Stamps:  Painted Flowers, Burlap, Yay for You (MFT)
Ink:  Versamark, Soft Lilac, Deep Iris (Altenew)
Cardstock:  Sour Apple, B&W Stripes (MFT), White
Dies:  Painted Flowers, Slanted Sentiment Strips, Stitched Rectangle Stax (MFT)
Accessoire;  White EP, Silver Pearl EP, Sparkling Crystals (Studio Katia), Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle Pen

Cheers
Karren

2 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Beautiful colours and fun flowers Karren!

Barb Ghig said...

So pretty, Karren! I love the effect of your embossed background and your purple Painted Flowers are really cool with the minty leaves! It looks like you had fun creating this card and you did a great job combining challenges, too!